How to get over a tension headache?
A tension headache is a type of chronic headache, which unlike migraines, is not throbbing. The origins of a tension headache are numerous, and can be linked to eyestrain, stress, muscular or skeletal blockages of the cervical.
The most recommended treatment to cure a tension headache is to take analgesics, either aspirin, paracetamol or ibuprofen (unless contraindicated by your doctor, NEVER mix the drugs). ⚠
Except that sometimes, despite taking medication, the headache does not go away and returns at a gallop in the same day. It is thus difficult to treat oneself durably, since the excessive consumption of analgesics can cause significant digestive ailments and disrupt your body. It may then be preferable to turn to a natural alternative, to favor a more respectful treatment of the body. 🌱
Treat headaches with essential oils
The first natural alternative to analgesics to relieve headaches is the use of essential oils. Some essential oils have indeed a soothing and pain-relieving power, and used on the forehead or temples, they can temporarily relieve a headache.
The essential oils that can relieve tension headaches are:
- Peppermint essential oil: Peppermint essential oil is the most recommended for treating headaches because it contains menthol, a powerful painkiller. Applied above the eyebrows and on the temples with a massage to make it penetrate, it has an instant freezing power and a fresh smell which helps to relax the nerves and relieve pain. ❄ Apply a drop or two only, and mix it with a day cream or vegetable oil so as not to apply it directly to the skin. You can repeat the operation up to 3 times a day.
- Lavender essential oil: lavender essential oil is particularly effective when inhaled to relieve headaches. In a bowl of boiling water, add two or three drops of lavender essential oil, lean over it and put a towel over your head and the bowl to inhale the steam. Lavender will help you relax quickly and relieve pain.
- Roman chamomile essential oil: Roman chamomile or noble chamomile is particularly suitable for headaches because it has a natural analgesic action. It helps the nervous system to relax and the whole body to calm down, and is therefore the natural oil of relaxation and well-being. To benefit from its benefits, you can use it in inhalation or massage on the painful area to calm tensions related to headaches. You can thus perform a massage on the forehead and temples with vegetable oil and chamomile essential oil up to 3 times a day.
⚠ Here our recommendations for the proper use of essential oils:
- Always test on a small area of your wrist first to test for a potential allergic reaction
- Do not use if you are pregnant
- Do not use if you are asthmatic or have lung problems
- Do not use in case of major heart or cardiovascular disorders
- Never use on children
Relieve headaches with massage
Massage on painful areas of the skull is a second solution effective and inexpensive natural remedy for tension headaches. 💆♀
The tension headache is indeed a local or diffuse pain, not throbbing, felt on the skull or the nape of the neck. There are many causes of a tension headache, but they can often be caused by too much tension in the nervous system, or fluid circulation disorders. However, it is in the head that the central nervous system is located, and more particularly in the brain.🧠
With acupressure,or massaging the acupuncture points yourself, it is possible to relieve nervous tension and restore fluid circulation to reduce headache-related pain.
There are many acupuncture points to massage on the top of the skull, the bottom of the neck, the temples or the eye contour.With the Magnet-Relax eye massager you can effectively massage the pain points with different intensities to relieve your headache quickly and lastingly.
How it works ?The Magnet-Relax is an eye massage mask that fits over the eyes and fits behind the head. Inside, vibration detectors placed on the acupuncture points of the face generate a massage by air pressure or vibrations to relax the nervous system and reduce pain.
With different massage functions, vibration, air pressure, thermal function, you can enjoy a complete massage of the face, temples and eye area to instantly relieve your tension headache, and relax your whole body .
In addition to effectively treating headaches and migraines, the Magnet-Relax eye massager will also help you:
- 💙 Treat vertigo
- 💙 Reduce insomnia
- 💙 Reduce dark circles and wrinkles
- 💙 Reduce your stress
Suitable for all body types and ages, the Magnet-Relax eye mask is the ideal solution for treating headaches, in adults and children alike.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.